FREE COMMUNICATION MODERATOR SCRIPT
- Call session to order: ask the audience to take their seats; encourage them to move toward the front of the room.
- Inform the audience of the following announcements:
“Before we begin, I would like to make a few announcements”:“Please turn all cell phones and beepers off, or to vibrating modes, so as not to disrupt the session.”Introduce title of the session. If the session is prior to an Best Practices Forum (BPF) on a similar topic as your session, please remind the audience of the time and location of the related BPF so that they might attend if interested.
- Instruct the audience that questions will be held to the conclusion of presentation, for research presentations and at appropriate times throughout the case reports. Instruct the audience to use the floor microphones, if available, and to introduce themselves prior to asking the question. If no microphone is available ask the presenter to repeat the question into the microphone prior to answering since the session is being recorded.
- Explain to the audience that if a scheduled speaker is not present, that the next presentation will not start until the assigned time. Speakers and conference attendees rely on the program for the time that a study will be presented. Fill in extra time with discussion or a short break.
- Introduce each speaker using the name of the first author (presenter). While the speaker is approaching the platform, read the title of the abstract, the coauthor(s), and the institution(s) represented.
- If the speaker presents for more than the allotted time, shorten the discussion period to stay on schedule.
At the close of each presentation, please direct the speaker to a microphone away from the podium to answer questions while the next speaker sets up his/her presentation.
Open the floor to the audience for questions and/or ask the presenter your question(s) regarding their study.